The cinnamon adds a pleasant depth of flavour and warmth. I cooked half of this batch and rolled the rest into a log and froze it. You can slice and bake them with minimal fuss and washing up! Particularly good when you have people come over unexpectedly and don't have ingredients to make something quickly (I usually run out of eggs or butter).
Makes about 24 cookies
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup Self Raising flour
1/2 cup coconut
1/3 cup rolled oats
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup choc chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line baking trays with baking paper
- Cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy
- Beat in egg and vanilla
- Stir in flour, oats, coconut, and cinnamon
- Mix in choc chips
- Roll tablespoons of dough into balls and place on prepared trays.
- Bake for 8 to 10 min or until lightly golden.