September 11, 2010

Choc chip, Nutty Oatmeal Cookies

I have been searching for the perfect oatmeal cookie for a while now. Every other oatmeal cookie I've ever made just hasn't really "done it" for me. I decided I might just try and make up a recipe myself instead. I got this brainwave when I was trying to use up about-to-expire pantry ingredients... and oh wow, yum! I think my search is over! (Unfortunately if you're a "nut-free" household, this is not the cookie for you. Sorry.)

I wonder if I will ever get round to blogging that list of things I promised a few posts ago.... not today it seems!

No photos... (have been in an absolute photographic slump for quite some time...) might snap a photo tomorrow, but for now, enjoy the recipe!


Makes about 24 cookies - depending on how big or small you want to make them

Ingredients
125g butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 egg
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup hazelnut meal
1 1/4 cup SR flour
1/2 cup dry roasted unsalted peanuts
250g white choc chips

Method
  1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C, line baking trays with baking paper.
  2. Beat butter and sugars together until light and fluffy.
  3. Add egg and beat well.
  4. Stir in rolled oats, hazelnut meal, and flour.
  5. Stir in peanuts and choc chips.
  6. Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls and place on prepared baking tray, leaving about 2 inches/5 cm around cookies to allow for spreading.
  7. Bake for 8min or until slightly set (they will firm up once cooled). Don't let them brown too much unless you want a crunchy cookie (I prefer mine to be chewy).
  8. Cool on trays.

No comments: