August 15, 2010

Yoghurt Berry Banana Bread


This bread is delicious toasted, and spread with butter. Or even just served warm.

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups self raising flour
3/4 cup plain flour
3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
2 overripe bananas, peeled and mashed
200g (3/4 cup) low fat greek natural yoghurt
2 eggs, lightly whisked
60g butter, melted and cooled
200g fresh or frozen berries (I used frozen raspberries)

Method
  1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray a 8.5 x 4.5 inch loaf pan with spray oil and line with baking paper.
  2. Sift flours together into a large bowl and add sugar.
  3. Whisk together banana, yoghurt, eggs and butter in a large jug until well combined. Add to flour mixture and stir until just combined.
  4. Gently fold in the berries
  5. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the surface.
  6. Bake in oven for 1 hr or until skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
  7. Set aside in the pan for 5 min to cool before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into slices.
  8. Serve warm, or toasted, with butter.

4 comments:

Sumara said...

oh yum! I think I saw some of this on your kitchen bench the other night, and wondered what it was. I love cakes/bread with yoghurt in them.

hungryandfrozen said...

Yum! Sounds like a giant muffin! You always have the best sounding baking on your blog :D

HayleyB said...

Sumara - Yes, this is what you saw on my bench :) I love it when yoghurt is in cakes/bread too!

Laura - Thanks! I'm always looking for something a bit out of the ordinary to make... in fact, I just saw a recipe for a chai spiced tea cake, and I'm intrigued! That is something I'm going to have to make!

Sadako said...

YUM! Looks great!