This bread is delicious toasted, and spread with butter. Or even just served warm.
1 1/2 cups self raising flour
3/4 cup plain flour
3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
2 overripe bananas, peeled and mashed
200g (3/4 cup) low fat greek natural yoghurt
2 eggs, lightly whisked
60g butter, melted and cooled
200g fresh or frozen berries (I used frozen raspberries)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray a 8.5 x 4.5 inch loaf pan with spray oil and line with baking paper.
- Sift flours together into a large bowl and add sugar.
- Whisk together banana, yoghurt, eggs and butter in a large jug until well combined. Add to flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Gently fold in the berries
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the surface.
- Bake in oven for 1 hr or until skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Set aside in the pan for 5 min to cool before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into slices.
- Serve warm, or toasted, with butter.