2 1/4 cups self raising flour
1 tbs caster sugar
100g butter, chilled, chopped into small cubes
2/3 cup milk
2/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbs maple syrup
1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced). Grease and line with baking paper: a 3cm deep 19 x 29cm base slice pan.
- Combine flour and caster sugar in a bowl. Rub in the butter until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Combine milk and egg in a jug. Stir into flour mixture until a soft and sticky dough forms. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 30 seconds or until smooth..
- Roll dough out to a 30cm x 40 cm rectangle.
- Combine nuts, brown sugar, maple syrup and cinnamon in a bowl. Mix together then spread evenly on top of dough rectangle.
- Roll up dough tightly from one long side. Using a serrated knife, trim ends. Cut roll into 12 slices. Place slices in prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 min or until golden.
- Serve warm.