I've been meaning to post this recipe for a while now but life has been hectic lately. So anyway, this slice is something I threw together when I needed to use up the rest of a packet of cocoa pops.
I found it difficult to stop at one piece. I wanted to eat the whole tray of it, and I may well have eaten way too much of it, but it was just too good not to eat. It's so simple, yet so pleasing. I will definitely be making this again. Though perhaps next time I'll make sure I'm making it for a specific event so that I don't end up eating it all.
150g broken up and lightly crushed Oreos
1 cup cocoa pops
1/3 cup choc covered peanuts or plain unsalted peanuts
100g marshmallows, chopped
2 tbs crunchy peanut butter
500g milk chocolate, melted
- Grease a slice tin and line with baking paper.
- Chop the marshmallows.
- Break up the oreos into small pieces and lightly crush (I did a once-over with a rolling pin).
- Melt the chocolate and peanut butter together and stir until smooth.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients into the melted chocolate mixture until combined.
- Spread mixture evenly into the prepared slice tin and set in the fridge until firm.
- Once firm, cut slice into squares.
- Store in the fridge (can also be stored at room temperature if it's not the middle of summer).