February 28, 2010

Sweet potato oaty spice cookies

Posted by Picasa

I made these cookies from BakingBites.com a little white ago. Head on over there for the recipe. I am always on the lookout for interesting-looking cookie recipes, and this one certainly fit the bill, as it incorporated many ingredients that I wouldn't have thought of putting together.

I actually made no changes at all to the recipe, but somehow I still felt that something extra was needed. I'm not sure what. You might want to experiment with it yourself.

I have been searching for the perfect oatmeal cookie. I have yet to find it, but these were pretty good. As were these. Not quite sure if ANZAC biscuits fit into this category, but they are good too.

What about you? Do you have a favourite recipe for oatmeal cookies?

4 comments:

The Story So Far said...

You may like my music blog??

Frances said...

Hi Hayley, thanks for your post. Love your blog - YUM!!! Looking forward to reading more!

Laura @ Hungry and Frozen said...

Interesting! I do enjoy incorporating unusual ingredients into my baking...may have to add these to my list :)

HayleyB said...

The Story So Far - interesting. Thanks for the link.

Frances - thanks for stopping by! :)

Laura - let me know if you do make them, I want to know what you think! :) Maybe next time I should just add white chocolate. Makes everything better, right?