April 8, 2011

Oreo and Rice Bubbles slice

Oreos and chocolate; a great combination.  This is an easy no-bake slice that pleases my family when I make it. 
Posted by Picasa

Oreo and Rice Bubbles slice
3 Tbs butter
All the white marshmallows from two x 200g packs of marshmallows (use the pink ones in something else, like rocky road)
100g milk chocolate, chopped
2 Cups Rice Bubbles
150g roughly crushed Oreo cookies
Method
  1. Grease and line a slice time with baking paper.
  2. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over low heat.
  3. Once butter has melted, add marshmallows and chocolate. Stir over low heat until everything is mostly melted.
  4. Remove from heat and add the rice bubbles and oreos and stir until evenly combined.
  5. Pour into prepared slice tin and flatten with a spatula (or your fingers, that works too, but you will get sticky).
  6. Set in the fridge.
  7. Lift out the slice onto a cutting board and cut into squares once set.

4 comments:

Taryn said...

How can it please your family, when you haven't given me any yet? :(
I'm sure my taste buds are the only ones that count ;)

HayleyB said...

I've made this for you before, I think it was for Dad's birthday or something late last year. I'm pretty sure your taste buds liked it then!

Taryn said...

I don't remember.... you'll have to make it again! :D

HayleyB said...

I WILL make it again. Maybe before I come over next time, since I'm on holidays and going to visit you again soon! :D