November 13, 2009
November 7, 2009
You really should make these cookies right away. You won't be sorry!
Adapted from Bakingbites.com
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bi-carb soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
125g butter, softened
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 1/4 cups diced fresh apples (about 2 apples)
3/4 cup toasted pecans, coarsely chopped (I used walnuts)
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a cookie tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until well combined and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder, bi-carb soda, salt and spices.
- Beat in egg and maple syrup.
- Mix in flour mixture with a spoon or any other mixing utensil you desire, until combined.
- Stir in apples and pecans.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto lined cookie tray.
- Bake for 12-15 min, until cookies are browned around the edges.
- Eat one as soon as they're cool enough to pick up and eat.
- Cool the rest of the cookies for 5 minutes on tray, finish cooling on a cake rack.
Makes about 20 medium-sized cookies