May 27, 2009

Whoops, I didn't follow the recipe...

This recipe came about when I decided to try a new cookie recipe, but didn't follow the instructions. I was supposed to cream the butter and sugar together, but before I realised what I'd done, I had already thrown the sugar in with the flour. Good one. Anyway so I decided to keep going and just see if they would turn out any good. I'm not normally a crispy cookie lover, but these are surprisingly good. My husband says they get better with age (he finished the last cookie a few days after they were made).

Crispy Oat White Chocolate Cookies

Ingredients

1 cup plain flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon Bi-carb soda
1/4 teaspoon table salt
140g butter, slightly softened
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups rolled oats
A few handfulls of white choc chips

Method

  1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees C. Line baking tray with baking paper.
  2. Sift together: flour, baking powder, baking soda, and table salt in a medium bowl.
  3. Mix in oats.
  4. Melt butter however you like to melt butter (I used a small bowl in the microwave).
  5. Add butter and beaten egg to flour/oat mixture. Mix together, then fold in choc chips.
  6. Roll tablespoons of dough, place on baking tray and press down slightly. Leave room for cookies to spread.
  7. Bake until cookies are deep golden brown, about 10-12 min. Cool on the trays.

2 comments:

Laura @ Hungry and Frozen said...

These look delicious. And I love it when a possible mistake doesn't actually turn out to be a bad thing after all :)

HayleyB said...

Me too :) what a happy accident. A pleasant surprise that's for sure!