These pikelets are delicious. We served them with thick and creamy pasionfruit yoghurt which went down fabulously. Not your traditional pikelet accompaniment, but delicious just the same. These are great as a morning tea or afternoon tea, (well, really, I would eat them any time of day. Even as lunch if the opportunity presented itself!).
Pear, Banana & Cinnamon Pikelets
Makes approx. 16 pikelets
1 cup self raising flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbsp caster sugar
3/4 cup skim milk
40g butter, melted and cooled
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 large ripe banana, mashed
1 large ripe pear, cored, finely chopped
- Combine flour, cinnamon and sugar in a bowl. Make a well in the centre.
- Combine milk, butter and canilla in a jug, and add to flour mixture. Whisk until smooth.
- Stir in banana and pear. Stand for 10 min.
- Spray a non-stick fry pan with oil. Heat over medium heat. Spoon tablespoons of batter into pan. You can cook about 4 at a time. Cook for 1 to 2 min or until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn the pikelets over and cook for another 1 to 2 min until cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with pasionfruit yoghurt.