May 8, 2009

New blog design...

I've been thinking for a while now that I wanted to change my blog design. White was all good, clean and uncluttered, but I guess a little boring without any header image or anything. I could have made a header image I guess, but I thought I might try something different.

I don't feel like there's really that much choice when it comes to the standard Blogger Templates, but I never seemed to have the time to look into free templates, and certainly not enough time (or skill) to make my own template. Today, that changes. I have the day off! I found a free template that I liked and have spent the morning fiddling with it. Edit: Went out for a few hours then came back to play around with this more. I like it much more now than I did before. Anyone willing to give some feedback? Do you like it/hate it?

On another note, if you read my blog through Google Reader, the design doesn't even matter, as the design is not shown when you read through Google Reader, you only get the text and images. I'm not sure if this is the same with other Readers.

I'd still like to hear your thoughts, so please leave a comment :)

6 comments:

Laura @ Hungry and Frozen said...

Oooh, shiny new blog! I like the design, the curly leaves/etc are very modern. Verdict: pretty! Having said that, if you change it I'll still be back :)

HayleyB said...

Oh yay, thanks Laura, glad you liked it. I wasn't sure if it really went with the content, but I really liked the template.... I ended up changing it to something perhaps a bit more fitting... I think I may go back to the previous pretty curly leaves template at some stage, but for now, I'll stick with the green-ness & the cupcakes....

Sumara said...

Well, I love photos of yummy food, so yep, I like it. :-) Perfect for a baking blog.

Angie said...

I'm new here, so I never saw what it looked like before to compare. But, I like it. I really like the picture you have at the top of the blog.

Laura @ Hungry and Frozen said...

Like this version even better - that sprinkly cake picture up the top is beautiful :)

HayleyB said...

Thanks Sumara, Angie and Laura. The cupcake picture is one I took myself, of the birthday cupcakes I made for my sister. They were pretty-looking and that icing is made with white chocolate, yum!