May 21, 2009

Choc Chip Cheesecake Cookies

This recipe was recommended by kate pickle on Twitter. As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to try it. I made mine with white choc chips, because, you know, I'm a white chocolate fiend. Just like Laura :). I wouldn't say these cookies taste just like cheesecake, but they are still scrumptious.



Choc Chip Cheesecake Cookies

Ingredients

225g butter
225g cream cheese
1 cup white sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 ½ cups plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
2 cups chocolate chips

Method
  1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, line a couple of baking trays with baking paper.
  2. Cream butter and sugars together.
  3. Add eggs, cream cheese, and vanilla extract and beat until well-incorporated.
  4. In another bowl, combine flour with baking powder and salt. Add by cupfuls to the wet mix. Mix by hand to combine.
  5. Fold in chocolate chips.
  6. Roll tablespoons of dough into balls and place on baking tray.
  7. Flatten each cookie if you want a flatter cookie, as you can see from my photo, they didn't spread much at all. Bake for 7-8 minutes, or until edges are slightly golden. Do not over-bake or they'll taste less cheesecake-y. Cool on trays.

3 comments:

Sumara said...

OH MY GOODNESS, YUM.

I need to get me some cream cheese.

Your blog posts always have me adding to my shopping list! All good, as long as it's not caviar or lobster or french truffles or something...

Laura @ Hungry and Frozen said...

These sound really interesting. I've never made cookies with cream cheese in them. But you're right, I LOVE white chocolate, so I'll definitely have to give these a go at some stage! :)

HayleyB said...

Lol Sumara, don't worry, you will probably never find me posting recipes with caviar/lobster/french truffles... Aside from the fact that I don't love those ingredients, I don't even know where I would buy french truffles! Hope you have fun making them. I'm going to try another cheesecake cookie on the weekend if I can get some time to do it! If I do, and if you're over on Saturday night, you will get to try them!

Laura - this is the second time I've made cookies with cream cheese, it gives the cookies quite an interesting texture. You know what might be even more exciting, is if there was white chocolate melted into the cream cheese mixture, AS WELL AS the white choc chips. I don't think they would still be cookie-like with the extra wet ingredient though.... I could maybe tweak it....