A while back, I made this slice, but never got around to blogging about it. It's not my favourite, but it was quite nice. I made it for a Kitchen Tea, but all the chocolate-type slices were eaten before this one. Obviously jam is not as popular as chocolate.
This recipe is adapted from Strawberry Pecan Shortbread Crumble Bars by Nicole at Baking Bites
Apricot Shortbread Crumble Slice
2 1/4 cups plain flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
250g butter, softened
1 large egg
3/4 cup apricot jam
- Preheat oven to 180 Degrees C. Lightly grease and line a 9-inch slice tin with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together flour, sugar, and salt. Stir in the butter and egg until mixture is crumbly.
- Set aside 2 cups of the mixture, and pour the remaining mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Press down firmly and evenly, into the pan to cover the base.
- Spread jam over the shortbread layer. Sprinkle remaining crumbs evenly over the top. If the mixture is too wet to sprinkle, simply break it up with lightly floured fingers and spread it out.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool in pan before slicing.