It's ANZAC day today, so I made ANZAC biscuits.
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour, sifted
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 125g butter, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line 2 cookie trays with baking paper.
- Place the flour, oats, sugar and coconut in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- In a small saucepan place the golden syrup and butter and stir over low heat until the butter has fully melted. Remove from heat.
- Mix the bicarb soda with 1 1/2 tablespoons water and add to the golden syrup mixture.
- Pour into the dry ingredients and mix together until fully combined.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls and place on prepared trays , pressing down on the tops to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.