September 16, 2008

Success! Cheesecake Slice!


I successfully made up a cheesecake slice recipe! This got the thumbs up at our father's day get together. Yay!

White Chocolate Cheesecake Slice with Milk Chocolate Swirls

Ingredients:

Base:
180g (approx.) Crushed biscuits (I used Arnott's "Nice" biscuits)
100g melted butter

Topping:
500g Cream cheese
250g white chocolate, melted
1 tsp gelatine, dissolved in 1/8 cup boiling water
150g milk chocolate, melted (to swirl on top)

Method:
  1. Line a 27cm x 18cm slice tin with baking paper.
  2. Mix melted butter and crushed biscuits together in a bowl, and press firmly into prepared slice tin. Refrigerate until firm.
  3. Beat cream cheese until smooth
  4. Add melted white chocolate and beat until combined
  5. Beat dissolved gelatine and 1/8 cup boiling water into cream cheese mixture.
  6. Pour cream cheese mixture over prepared base and distribute evenly.
  7. Swirl melted milk chocolate throughout cream cheese mixture. (I used a bamboo skewer to do this, but a knife would probably do)
  8. Put in fridge for a couple of hours until set.

Voila! No baking necessary this time!

4 comments:

Laura @ Hungry and Frozen said...

WOW this looks good. Nice one making it up! I am soooo crazy for white chocolate that I'm actually drooling right now looking at that picture :D

Sumara said...

Oh Hayley. Oh my goodness. It's just as well I don't have any spare cash today to go buy ingredients, because if I did I would be holding you personally responsible for my expanding waistline.
I will definitely try this soon, though. Well done coming up with a winner reciipe!

HayleyB said...

Thanks for the lovely comments Laura and Sumara! White chocolate is probably my favourite type of chocolate, so I was extra happy when this turned out how I wanted. So easy as well!

Sumara, expanding waistlines can be justified if you are making the slice for a special event in my opinion! I think my waistline has expanded already....

Rachelle said...

Hello Hayley! Thanks for visiting my blog lately!
I have been wanting to make something cheescake, it's been a while. These look fantastic!!