August 5, 2008

Black Forest Cookies

This is another cookie recipe I made up. The name of the cookies is courtesy of my husband. While he was eating one of them, he proclaimed "these are the best cookies ever!". Yay!



Makes about two dozen small-ish cookies

Ingredients
125 grams butter
1/4 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
1/4 cup cocoa, sifted
1 egg
1 and 1/2 cups self raising flour, sifted
8 Strawberry Cream Bears, chopped into small pieces (I used the Aldi ones, but strawberry Freddos or similar would work too)
Handful or two of milk chocolate chips

Method
  1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
  2. Cream together sugars and butter.
  3. Beat in egg.
  4. Combine sifted flour and sifted cocoa, then mix into butter and sugar mixture .
  5. Mix in chopped strawberry bears/freddos and chocolate chips.
  6. Shape tablespoons of mixture into balls, place on lined tray/s with a bit of room for spreading.
  7. Bake for approx 10 minutes.
  8. Allow to cool on tray.

3 comments:

Sumara said...

Oh my goodness. Yum.

Either you and A have super-fast metabolisms or you must spend hours and hours at the gym every day to make up for all these cookies...

HayleyB said...

Hehehe, I wish I had a super fast metabolism and had hours to spend at the gym! Actually, we eat a few and the rest of the cookies end up at A's work, and his colleagues eat them all. One of them even said to me that I was "fueling the economy" by making them cookies because it meant that they had to spend money on gym membership! haha! Sending them to work with A is the surest way for us not to be tempted to eat them! If they were at home, we would be eating the whole batch ourselves (while I would love to do that, I don't have the metabolism or hours free for the gym!).

Sumara said...

lol. Wel, you're both gorgeous,anyway. :)