July 23, 2008

White Choc-Chip Cookies

Last night I cooked salmon fillets for dinner. Sure, they were tasty, but they stunk out my apartment! I spent most of today trying to get rid of the smell. Googled a lot for ideas on how to get rid of it, reading suggestions about putting something next to the stove when you're frying it (handy if I had read that before I started cooking it last night, not so handy now) and a bunch of other things like wiping your kitchen down with lemon juice and using bicarb soda....

None of it worked so as a last resort I decided to make a batch of cookies. Lucky for me, it seems to have worked to get rid of the salmon smell. And lucky for you, my readers, as I am about to post the recipe. These are tasty and as always, more-ish. Hope you're not sick of my cookie recipes lately. I swear I will get to making something else soon!



Makes about two dozen medium sized cookies

Ingredients
125 grams butter
½ cup caster sugar
½ cup brown sugar, lightly packed
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 egg
1 and 1/2 cups self raising flour
½ teaspoon salt
As many white chocolate chips as you want (as long as the batter still holds together... if you're after more of an idea of how many, just grab 3 handfuls).

Method
  1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
  2. Cream together sugars, butter and vanilla essence.
  3. Beat in egg.
  4. Add sifted flour and salt.
  5. Add white chocolate chips and mix well.
  6. Shape tablespoons of mixture into balls, place on lined tray/s with a bit of room for spreading.
  7. Bake for approx 10 minutes or until just starting to turn golden
  8. Allow to cool on tray.

3 comments:

Sumara said...

Sick of cookie recipes? Ha!
Have you seen the Cookie Madness blog? http://www.cookiemadness.net/

Mmmm.... cookies....

oh, and good work covering up the salmon smell! Excellent solution!

HayleyB said...

Glad you're not sick of the cookie recipes! :) I haven't seen that Cookie Madness blog, I'll check it out when I have a bit more free time! Looks interesting!

PS. have to remember to get my Tupperware container and the other one back from you some time. Maybe you can try to remind me when I see you next!

Sumara said...

Yes, they're here on the bench waiting for you! :)