July 13, 2008

Choc chip coconut cookies

Well, I've been away in QLD visiting my sister, brother-in-law and my niece, so I haven't been baking much lately. I did make another banana bread the other day (a different recipe from the last one I posted, but there aren't any photos of that because it got eaten too quickly).

Anyway, here's a cookie recipe I made up today. I really like these cookies, they are very chewy and more-ish.


Ingredients
125g Butter, softened
1 cup Plain Flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla essence
3 small handfuls of desiccated coconut
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 handfuls choc chips

Method
  1. Preheat oven to 180 Degrees C. Line two cookie trays with baking paper.
  2. Cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy, then beat in egg and vanilla essence.
  3. Sift in flour and baking powder, then add coconut. Stir to combine. Fold in choc chips.
  4. Drop spoonfuls of dough onto prepared cookie trays.
  5. Bake for 12 to 15 min until just slightly browned.
  6. Remove from oven and cool on cookie trays (this helps to maintain the chewy-ness).

2 comments:

Sumara said...

Yay, you're back!

Those cookies look delicious and I love your measurements!

HayleyB said...

Thanks, glad you liked my measurements! I couldn't be bothered using a measuring cup! The coconut and choc chips can vary according to taste, but of course you don't want to put too much coconut in, otherwise the dough won't come together.