June 4, 2008

Tooth drama

So, I'm eating my lunch today at a farewell/retirement lunch for one of my colleagues, and all of a sudden I feel this hard thing in my mouth. I thought it was part of the lunch I was eating, but no, it turns out to be part of one of my teeth. A huge chunk of tooth actually... well, it's about a quarter of the very last tooth at the back on one side of my lower jaw. Ouch, right? Actually, no. It doesn't hurt really. It's feeling a bit ache-y, and it certainly feels weird in my mouth, but there's no excruciating pain, which I'm glad about, and I guess means that I haven't uncovered a nerve... It's really weird because I'm really good with dental hygiene and I've never had a history of bad teeth, never even had a filling. Admittedly, I haven't been to the dentist since I had to get my wisdom teeth out about 9 years ago... man that's gone fast!

Anyway, I'm off to the dentist tomorrow morning to get it looked at. I hope they don't have to pull it out. I'm not a fan of injections in the mouth.

Also going to QLD for the weekend (really bad timing for a broken tooth!), so no chance for baking this weekend. Back to that next week!

No comments: