June 15, 2008

Nutella and Mars Bar Cookies

Ok, here is a yummy cookie recipe for chocolate lovers. These are nice and chewy. Shared these delicious cookies with Sumara the other night while we watched Sweeney Todd (first time I had seen it, quite gross, but really really well done! ...Though I might never eat another meat pie again! lol).


Makes 24 cookies

Ingredients:
125g butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 cup Nutella (choc hazelnut spread)
1 and 1/3 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup chopped Mars Bars

Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 180 C. Line a couple of baking trays with baking paper.
  2. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars until smooth
  3. Beat in egg then stir in vanilla
  4. Mix in Nutella
  5. Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda in a separate bowl, and then stir into butter/sugar mixture until just blended.
  6. Fold in Mars Bar bits.
  7. Drop dough by spoonfuls onto baking trays, leave lots of room between cookies as they spread.
  8. Bake for 8-10 min, remove from oven and cool on tray.

6 comments:

Sumara said...

Ooh goodie, I was hoping you'd put the recipe up here! :)

I gave some of them to the girls the next day and then I froze the rest for lunchboxes... otherwise I would've eaten them all right then and there!

HayleyB said...

Glad you could freeze the rest of the cookies for lunch boxes, I never really thought of freezing them before! Then again, that's probably because I used to eat them all within a few days or all at once (before I started sending to work with hubby)! These cookies are delicious!

Sumara said...

Okay here's where I have to confess that I kept forgetting to put them in lunchboxes... so yesterday I took out all the leftovers, warmed them up and ate them myself... oops!

But oh yum!

HayleyB said...

lol, oops indeed! I can identify with that. The taste of cookies makes me never want to stop at just one (one whole tray of cookies that is!!!)

TanyaE said...

What temperature do you bake these cookies at????

HayleyB said...

Whoops! Can't believe I forgot to put in the temperature. It's 180 C. I'll amend the recipe now.