1 pack of Arnott's 'Nice' biscuits, crushed (you can do this by hand, but food processor is much quicker)
1/3 of a 250g block of butter, melted
2 packs of 250g packs of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla essence
1 and 1/2 cups mashed over-ripe banana (this is approx. 3 large bananas)
3 eggs, beaten lightly
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C (Fan-forced. 180 degrees C if conventional oven).
- Grease and line a 23cm springform pan with baking paper.
- Place crushed biscuits in a bowl and mix with melted butter. Press firmly and evenly into prepared pan. Then refrigerate while preparing other ingredients.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla essence until smooth. Add banana and eggs, beat until smooth.
- Place tin on an oven tray, pour cheesecake mixture into tin. Bake for about an hour and a quarter, or until just firm.
- Cool in oven with door ajar (cooling baked cheesecakes too quickly can cause cracks on the surface). When cool to the touch, transfer to fridge and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.