Unfortunately I didn't get to photograph this creation before it all got scoffed on the weekend, but here is the photo-less recipe anyway:
2 cups self-raising flour
1 tsp bi-carb soda
2/3 cup caster sugar
1 cup skim milk
1 tbs olive oil
2 large over-ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C (or 160 degrees C for fan-forced oven).
- Grease an 11 x 21cm loaf pan and line with baking paper (cooking oil spray is handy for greasing).
- Combine flour, soda, cinnamon and sugar in a large bowl. Stir in milk, eggs, oil and bananas until just combined.
- Spoon into prepared pan, and smooth the surface.
- Bake for about 50 min or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean (another way I use to tell if it's cooked is to lightly press the centre of the loaf, if it springs back then it is done).
- Stand the loaf in its pan for about 5 min before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.